83. Baking it Down - Quote "Quote" Unquote
October 18, 2022
Heather and Corrie Miracle
🙊 Quote "Quote" Unquote
This week, Heather reads off her favorite (absolutely random) quotes. Here goes:
- 💰 If it costs you your inner peace, then it’s very expensive.
- If you don't cultivate discipline, you will be a slave to your impulses.
- 🪓 The ax forgets but the tree remembers.
- Did you say that to be helpful or hurtful? / 👂 What do you want me to hear when you say that?
- When an inanimate object wants more from me than it can give to me, that's called clutter.
- You either do hard things to make your life easier, or you do easy things that make your life harder. Choose your hard.
- You suffer from one of two pains - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
- 🥕 Throw them a carrot so they don’t try and eat the whole garden.
- I'm going to give you your flowers. You can water them or not.
- It's not for sale, but it ain't free either.
- 🍎 The day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit.
- You can't learn to drive in a parked car.
- If there's a due date, then treat it like a DO date.
- If it smells like 💩 everywhere you go, you might want to check your shoes.
- 🙊 Never miss an opportunity to shut up.
- The first step to fixing any problem is not to make it any worse.
- What we resist, persists.
- The price of creativity is the judgment of others.
- 🛬 It's always better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground.
- How we say things is how we think things.
- Make it easy to do things right and hard to do things wrong.
- Don't compare yourself to others, but to who you were yesterday.
- 📊 What is not measured cannot be improved.
- If you name it, you can tame it.
- You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays.
- 15% of a watermelon is better than 100% of a grape. 🍇
- You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing
- 🌳 Sometimes you've got to burn down some trees to save the forest.
- Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions.
- A great partnership is one where both people are striving to do 60% of the work.
- ️🎶 When you're happy, you hear the music. When you're sad, you hear the lyrics.
- The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
- ⌚ What good is a Rolex if it just tells you what time your lunch break is over?
- Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.
- You are not responsible for your first thought because we are humans with nervous systems. 🧠 You are responsible for your second thought though.
- In strategy, the longest way around is the shortest way home.
- 🦷 You brush in the morning to keep your friends and you brush at night to keep your teeth.
- I have to die. If it is now, well then I die now; if later, then now I will take my lunch, since the hour for lunch has arrived - and dying I will tend to later.
- Winners are focused on the finish line. Losers are focused on winners. 🏁
- 🛍️ Everyone will pay for a product if it can pay them back.
- The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
- 🐝 Bees don't waste time telling flies that honey is better than 💩.
- The more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war.
- If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.
- A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
- 🚗 Money is a passenger in the car, but I never let it behind the wheel.