🎁 Chrazy Christmas Cookie Schedules
First - let's announce the winner of the SCM Second Boo-thday Bash! Thanks to all who entered - you guys are awesome, and I can't believe we get to work with you in growing our businesses by makin' dough making dough!
️🎉 Congrats to Daniell Bartolo! ️🎉
So awesome, awesome, awesome. Thanks to all who participated and each and every one of ya who make this group what it is. And if you're bummed you didn't snag you an Eddie, you still can along with some STELLAR Black Friday deals in the 2022 Vendy Blendy!
And now - let's talk Advent Calendars LoL. Here's the #podcastpoll results from over 1,000 members on whether or not they'll be selling Advent Calendars this year:
- ️🚫 79% will NOT be selling advent calendars
- ✅ 21% will be selling advent calendars
More marketing nuggets (also, I'd like to apologize about the podcast this week - we were a bit all over the place 😅). The holidays are upon us! Halloween is less than a week away, Thanksgiving is in just over three weeks, and then the cookie Super Bowl - Christmas - isn't far behind.
So what do? Here's our hot take: plan ahead - like as in, right now. You're going to want to plan ahead so you're not "standing by the oven by Christmas lights" later this month. You know I love me some quotes.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail."
So - let's plan. Here's where we'd start:
- 🎁 Assess what packaging you can use from last year. Remember - saving money means making money. If you have packaging options left over from last year, clear out the closets! Sell that stuff before you order more holiday-themed packaging.
- 📦 Order your packaging now. If you find that your packaging closet is lacking, order it now, don't wait. Miss Cookie Packaging has some of the cutest packagings and unfortunately, everyone knows it. She often sells out.
- 📸 Cutters? Reuse what you got. Cutter shopping is a blast - and if you're runnin' low, then definitely stock up, but if you can use what you used for last year's offerings, then you can pocket more of that cold hard cash in the form of fewer purchased and hopefully reusable photos.
- 📆 Nail down your schedule now. Figure out pick-up dates, custom cut-offs, class dates, etc. Have it all written down - and make them 🩸 blood dates - immovable unless by an act of God Almighty. You'll be able to plan ahead and communicate more effectively with not only your clients but also your family.
- ️🥇 Set your goals and stick to them. 'Tis the season of giving, not greed. It's easy to fall in love with the endlessly filled cookie classes and order emails longer than a CVS receipt, but it's also important to have boundaries. Remember - you'll want to spend time with your family this season, not with the oven. Set a sales goal # or a total order number and once you reach it, call it quits and go enjoy your life. We work to live, not live to work.
You got this - stay hyped, follow these tips, and stick the seasonal landing this holiday rush! You know the SCM group has your back - so let's get this holiday bread!